Digital Signature :
- Use of Digital Signature for filing of documents through ICEGATE has been made mandatory w.e.f. 1st Janurary’2016.
- All remote EDI service users are requested to procure Digital Signature from any certifying authority and start using in filing of documents through ICEGATE.
- To sign the documents the Common Signer utility hosted at ICEGATE website may be utilized by the users.
- The Advisory, Common Signer, Process Document etc. are available at https://www.icegate.gov.in/digitalSign/digitalSign.html
Digital Signature Certificate in filing document through RES
1. Directorate of System is in the process of implementing use of Digital Signature Certificate for filing Customs documents through Remote EDI System (RES) like Bills of Entry, Shipping Bills, IGM, EGM, CGM etc.
2. All Importers, Exporters, Customs Brokers, Shipping Lines, Airlines or their agents who are authorized to file document (BE/SB/IGM/EGM/CGM etc.) through Remote EDI System (RES) are advised to use valid Class – III Digital Signature Certificate issued by any Certifying Authority (CA) under CCA-India (list of CAs available at http://www.cca.gov.in/cca/?q=licensed_ca.html) and sign documents with the help of web-based Common Signer Component available at ICEGATE website. It is important to mention here that use of Digital Signature Certificate for filing Customs documents may be made mandatory very soon.
3. Keeping in view the different platforms of RES utilities deployed by users and to avoid delay in submission of documents at ICEGATE, web-based Common Signer utility access has been provided to the users across the country free of cost through ICEGATE website for signing all the Customs Documents.
The Common Signer utility however would be developed & installed at CA’s website.
The following are the key parameters of the common signer utility:
• Web-based Common Signer freely available to all the users through ICEGATE portal supported by M/s (n) Code solutions.
• It is a platform independent and verifies user’s DSC validity, online CRL checks etc. at the time of signing.
• This component may be used with any valid Class – III DSC issued by any CA under CCA-India.
• Person authorized for signing documents shall use DSC in his name and execute signing process.