Lost PAN card, Apply for Duplicate / Change/ Correction in PAN card

By | July 6, 2015

If you are worried that you Lost PAN card, there is a mistake in PAN Card, wants to make changes or correction in your PAN card (like spelling mistake in name, father name, surname or DOB, Surname change after marriage), then don’t panic, as obtaining duplicate or replacing PAN Card or making changes in the PAN card details is very easy now.

Firstly, you need to fill in a change request or correction form. You can either download a correction form from the websites of UTI Technology Services Ltd (UTITSL), National Securities Depository Ltd (NSDL), or the Income Tax department of India or you can get a hard copy from any of the branches of UTITSL and NSDL. You can easily locate your nearest centre from the websites of UTITSL, NSDL or the IT department.

When you have a PAN but have not received your PAN card/in case you have lost your PAN card, then you have to fill all the columns in the form for Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN data but do not have to tick any of the boxes on the left margin. In case of an individual, you have to affix a colour photograph of the size 3.5 cm X 2.5 cm.

If there is any changes/ correction in the PAN data then the applicant need to fill all the columns of the form and tick the boxes on the left margin of the appropriate item where change/correction is to be done.

Following documents are required to be submitted along with the form:

  • Proof of PAN (the one currently in use- mentioned at the top of the application);
  • Proof of PAN(s) surrendered;
  • Proof of identity;
  • Proof of address;
  • Proof in support of changes sought*, if any;

Supporting documents required for changes in PAN data can be as per the table given below:

Sl. No.Applicant TypeDocument Acceptable
1Change in name: change of name on account of marriageAny one of
a) Marriage certificate
b) Marriage invitation card
c) Publication of name change in official gazette
d) Copy of passport showing husband’s name
2Change in name: Individual applicants – change of name on account of reasons other than marriage.Publication of name change in official gazette
3Change in father’s namePublication of name change in official gazette
4Change in name: CompaniesRegistrar of Companies’ certificate for name change
5Change in name: Partnership firmsRevised Partnership Deed
6Change in name: AOP / Trust / BOI / AJPRevised registration certificate / deed or agreement as applicable
7Change in date of birth: individualsRelevant proof of identity having correct date of birth.
8Change in date of incorporation/agreement/partnership or trust deed/formation of BOI/AOPRelevant proof of identity having correct date of incorporation/agreement/partnership or trust deed/formation of BOI/AOP

A nominal fee of Rs. 96 (Rs. 85 + 12.36% service tax) will be charged for issuing a duplicate PAN card or for changes or correction in PAN card.

You can apply online for change or duplicate PAN card issue:

List of Document used as Identity Proof for PAN Card Issue or reissue:

  1. School leaving Certificate
  2. Matriculation Certificate (10th Class Passing Certificate (Not 10th Mark sheet))
  3. Degree from Recognized educational institute
  4. Depository Account Statement
  5. Bank Account Statement
  6. Passport
  7. Water Bill
  8. Ration Card
  9. Voter’s ID card
  10. Driving License
  11. Credit Card
  12. Property Assessment Tax
  13. Certificate issued by gazette officer, MP, MLA or Municipal Councilor

Also you can download the form from the website 

Income Tax PAN Service Unit Managed by NSDL and Call Center Number

Call TIN Call Centre at 020 – 27218080; Fax: 020 – 27218081 
e-mail us at: tininfo@nsdl.co.in
SMS NSDLPAN Acknowledgement No. & send to 57575 to obtain application status.
Write to: INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited), 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 41101.

Leave a Reply